Application of Integrated 2D Total Magnetic Field Model, Electrical Resistivity Sounding Sections to Determine Geophysical Property of Over Burden Deposit and Bed Rock Beneath it a Case Study
AbstractOne seven hundred eighty meter with ten meter spacing magnetic profile and two vertical electrical sounding using Schlumberger configuration with electrode spacing of AB/2=750m were carried out in TIta ,north east Ethiopia. The field data were smoothened and interpreted using Potent version 4.09 2 January 2007 demo mode for magnetic subsurface model,IX1D Version2.21 April 2015 and ipi2win(2008) for vertical electrical resistivity sounding inversion softwares. The 2D magnetic field model ,Geo-electrical section ,total transversal resistance ,longitudinal conductance and apparent resistivity vertical derivative transformation pseudo-section were used to determine the thickness of the over burden and characterise the bed rock. The 2D magnetic field model indicates 54m thickness of the over burden in NE part of section ,13m in the middle section and 34m in SW part of section. The magnetic susceptibility is 0.066SI along width and -0.0489SI along height. The vertical derivative transformation indicates that from highly to the slightly fracture basalt could be tilt from NE dip to ward SW which has positive correlation with 2D magnetic field model result. The true resistivity section indicates that from highly to slightly fracture basalt could have top depth -51.6m NE part and -101m SW. In addition to total transversal resistance section values have range from 2,500Ωm2 to 5,000Ωm2 and longitudinal conductance values are range from 11.8 Siemen to 12.8 Siemen.
. John.M.Reynolds. An introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysic.New York: John Wiley and Son Ltd, 1997,pp. 434-465
. Menke, William.Geophysical data analysis. United Kingdom: academic press Inc. (London) ltd, 1984, pp.45-55
. Roel Snieder and Jeannot trampert. "Inverse problem in Geophysics". New York: ,Ed.A. Wirgin,Springer Verlag, p.119-190,1999
. William Lowerie. Fundamentals of Geophysics.New York: Cambridge university press, 2007, pp.252-256,293-320
. Ugwu, N.U., Ranganai, R.T., Simon, R.Egeo and Ogubazghi,G." Geo- electrical Evaluation of ground water potential and Vulnerability of Overburden Aquifer at Onibu-Eja-Active Open Dumpsite". Osogbo,southwestern Nigeria Journal of water resource and protection,Vol.8,pp.311-329 ,March,2016.
. Zohdy,A.A."The auxiliary point method of electrical sounding interpretation and relationto Dar zarrouk parameters". Geophysics,V.30,no.4,pp.644-660.1965.
. Kazmin,V." Geology of Ethiopia Explanatory notes to geological map of Ethiopia 1:2,000,000,Ethiopia" Institute of Geological survey.1979.
. Mohr,P.A." The geology of Ethiopia", Hailessilase I University Press, 1961,1964 and 1979.
. Telford,W.M,and Others.Applied Geophysics.New York: Cambrige university press,1976,pp.72-73,524-532.
. Geological Surveys of Ethiopia. “Geology of Ethiopia".1999.
. Gholam R.Lashkripour and Mohammad Nakhaei. "Geoelectrical investigation for the assessment of ground water conditions:a case study". Annal of geophysics,vol 48.N.6, pp.937-944,December.2005
. Sri Niwas and Olivar A.L. de Lima. "Unified equation for straightforward inversion scheme on vertical electrical sounding data". Geophysica,vol. 23 No.1,pp.22-33,April.2006.
. Alexei A. Bobbachev, Igov.N, Modin,Vladimir Shevnin. IPI2Win User Guide.Mosco:Geoscan-M Ltd,2001,pp.4
. J.M. Vouillamoz, B, Chatenoux, F. Mathieu,J.M. Baltassalt,A.Legechenko. "Efficiency of joint use of MRS and VES to characterize coastal aquifer in Myanmar".Journal of Applied Geophysics,vol.61,pp.142-154.2007
. J. S. Kayode, P. Nyabese and A.O. Adelusi."Ground magnetic study of llesa east, Southwestern Nigeria". Africa Journal of Environmental Science and Technology Vol.4(3),pp.122-131,March,2010.
. Alan M, MACDONAL,Jeff DAVIES & Ronger C,CaLOW."African hydrogeology and rural water supply".British geological survey.
. Genet Abera and Birhan Muche."Hydrogeological and Geophysical ground waterreport for Dessie water supply and swerage service(Tita,Borumeda and Gerado)".2006,pp.4-20
. Geological survey of Ethiopia."Georef-geo-map of Ethiopia Scale:1:2,000,000".
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.