The role of Islamic Studies in Education (An Analytical Study in Perception of Educational Goals)
AbstractEducation is the process of receiving or giving systematic instructions, at a school, college or university. Education means to bring up or nourish the abilities of students and help them to draw out their aims of life to victor in this world. Contemporary education based on rational knowledge is known as modern education. Islam is a religion that provides a complete and comprehensive material of Education comprised upon revelation its study is called Islamic studies which consisted upon the real tools: “faith, worships and affairs” to understand man and universe (cosmos). In education we’ll have to purify all knowledge according to our Faiths the accordance knowledge with faith will be admired and those knowledge are against will be harmonized if possible or will be rejected. Worships: Its religious sense is to be submissive before God in every aspect of life. Islamic Studies motivates our actions towards right directions that’s destination is be a poise man in his total life. Affairs: Two kinds: 1. Islamic lawfully affairs:2. Cosmological Affairs: How this cosmos is running and how we have to deal with it; there are available some basic keys in Islamic studies to understand and utilize this universe.Conclusion: Education is imparted to generate a qualified, skillful and ethic full citizen on glob .The lesson to generate these qualities is hidden in Islamic studies whereas modern education ignored to adopt it, that is why modern Education failed to achieve basic educational goals.
[ ] See:Modudi, Abu al aala: Islami nazam e zindgi (Islamic system of life), Lahore Pakistan, Islamic Publications, , 2013.P:52
[ ] See: AL QURAN, LUQMAN, 31: 22.
[ ] See:AL QURAN, Al Baqra2:136
[ ] AL QURAN, Al FATIR 35:24
See: Bakhari,Abu Abdullah,Muhammad Bin Ismaeel:ALSAHI ALBAKHARI, Urdu Bazar Lahore, (KTAB ALIMAN HADITH NO 37) Maktba Tarjaman 2004,. P: 229
[ ] See: See: Sufi Maqbool Ahmad: Self-purification, A reality in Brief, 138 Gulshan e Ravi Lahore, (Translated by Syed Muhammad Zubair). Page 7.
[ ] See:AL QURAN,,jumma 62:2
[ ] See:Sheikh Zulfiqar Ahmad: Zubda taslook,Maktba Alfaqir,Faisal Abad,2009 AC.( Briefly theme p 9 to 14)
[ ] Islami nazam e zindgi (Islamic system of life). P: 86,87
[ ] See: Syed quttab: Islam and Science, Urdu Bazar Lahore, Islamic Publication (No Date) p:26
[ ] See: Islami nazam e zindgi ,P: 85
[ ] See: AL QURAN, Qaf 50:38.
[ ] See: AL QURAN, Yasin36: verses 38, 39, 40.
[ ] Zakir Naik : Quran and Modern science ,(translated) Berute, Dar ul Islam, international institution ND.P:22
[ ] See: AL QURAN, Al Anaam6 verses 76,77,78,79
[ ] Philosophy of Education. Boulder, Noddings, Nel (1995). CO: Westview Press. ISBN 0-8133-8429-X. p:1
[ ] Philosophy of Education: Frankena, William K.; Raybeck, Nathan; Burbules, Nicholas (2002). "". In Guthrie, James W. Encyclopedia of Education, 2nd edition. New York, NY: Macmillan Reference. ISBN 0-02-865594-X
[ ] Noddings 1995, p:1–6
( ) See: Khutbat Hakeem ul Islam (Qari Muhammad Tayyab) Lahore Pakistan, V:11, with reference of, Tohfa tul Madaris,V;1, P:141.
[ ] (i)Wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali,(ii) Rasheed Ahmad : MUSLAMANOON KAY SIASY NAZRIAT (chapter Ghazali).
[ ] See:,Jalal ul Din Siyuti, Abdul Rehman Bin Abi Bakker:Tarikh al khulafa,, Lahore, Progessive Books Ghazni Street , 2012 AD P 76.(Translated)
[ ] See: Tarikh alkhulafa P:78
[ ] See: AL QURAN, AL NAHAL,16: 43
[ ] See: Bakhari,Abu Abdullah,Muhammad Bin Ismaeel:ALSAHI ALBAKHARI,Maktba Tarjaman, Lahore, Urdu Bazar 2004. V:4 HDt, No:2314,2315.
[ ] See: Hassan, M. K. (1989). Values Education Framework based on Islamic Concepts and Precepts. Jurnal Pendidikan Islam. Petaling Jaya: Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia, Vol.2. No.3
[ ] Ashraf, S. A. & Hussain, S.S (1979). Crisis in Muslim Education, Jeddah King Abdul Aziz University.
[ ] Al-Attas, S.M Naqiub (1985) The Concept of Education in Islam, A framework for an Islamic Philosophy of education Kuala Lumpur. Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization. .
[ ] Ashraf, S. A. & Hussain, S.S (1979): Crisis in Muslim Education, Jeddah King Abdul Aziz University. P: 4.
[ ] Muhammad Bin Isa Tarmizi: Jamey Tarmizi , karachi,. V:2 Chap: Al ilm Hadith No 2493.P:153 Dar ul Ashat 2007
[ ]See: Thanwi, Ashraf Ali,Maulana: Alhssan (Mahanama),Jama e Ashrafia,Faroz Pur Road ,Lahore 1987 AD,V:1,P 167
[ ] See: AL QURAN, ALNAMAL 27 verses 38,39,40
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.